1. The U.S. switches from Daylight Time to Standard Time on Sunday, Nov. 1. During the meeting Washington DC will be on Eastern Standard Time which is 5 hours behind UT: EST = UT - 5:00. Please take that change into account in your plans.
2. Early registration for the Symposium will be available at the conference hotel on Sunday afternoon, Nov. 1, between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. The registration area on Sunday is in the Thornton Room on the 11th floor. Light refreshments will be available during this time. On Monday, the registration area will be on the lower level near the ballroom.
3. Wireless Internet access will be available in the Symposium meeting area starting on Monday. There will also be a few wired Internet access points and computers available. Please limit your use of the Internet during talks.
4. A point of practical interest is Union Station, just three blocks northeast of the conference hotel. In addition to being the subway and intercity train station, Union Station has many shops, restaurants, and fast food locations. Stores at Union Station do close at 6:00 on Sunday, however.
5. Here is a map of the area around the conference site, with the hotel and nearby Metro (subway) stops circled.
6. The Cosmic Reflection concert will be held at the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts on Nov 2 at 8 pm. All registered symposium participants will have a complimentary ticket for the concert, and the ticket will be picked up at the registration table at the Hyatt Hotel.
7. If you need to make last-minute lodging arrangements, you might consider sharing a room. There are some postings of possible sharing opportunities at http://fermihousing.blogspot.com/