This webpage is kept for archival purposes only and is no longer updated or maintained.
GLAST Facility Science Team (GFST)
The GFST disbanded with the release of the GLAST Announcement of Opportunity.
The GLAST Facility Science Team carried out several tasks for the GLAST mission:
- evaluated and made recomm endations on priorities for science questions
- wrote a AO GLAST Science Requirements Document
- formulated a payload strawman
- recommended a plan for development of the payload and mission
- made recommendations on secondary support instruments
- recommended a plan for data rights and community use of the observatory
- prepared an advocacy plan for promoting the mission
- prepared materials describing the mission and its science
- organized GLAST science workshops and GLAST talks at various meetings.
The co-chairs of the GFST were Peter Michelson and Neil Gehrels. The GFST membership consisted of scientists and engineers from universities, government laboratories and research institutions in the United States and around the world.
The final GFST meeting took place on February 9, 1999 in Building 26 at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Agendas for past GFST meetings are available:
A list of GFST meeting attendees is also available.